Read3 Complete Modules 1, 2 & 3 for Professionals is a perfect choice for speech pathologists, learning support specialists and private tutors. This package includes all Module 1, 3 and 3 content. Available as digital only or as a complete package with Card Kits for each step of the program.
Read3 is an evidence-informed comprehensive literacy intervention program that integrates systematic synthetic phonics instruction with targeted phonemic awareness and fluency training to build a strong reading foundation for children with processing difficulties. Our fun, multi-sensory activities and games help keep children motivated and engaged.
For reading outcomes, a minimum of 5 sessions per week (20 minutes per session) is required. Children should then apply this learning for an additional 10 minutes a day, and a curated list of decodable readers, computer games and other resources is provided for each step. Progress should be monitored daily and all monitoring tools are provided.
What you receive:
You receive online access to:
- lesson videos where experienced speech pathologist Robyn Monaghan teaches you key concepts and strategies
- easy to follow session practice guides
- over 200 different activities/games (1200+ pages)
- instructions and scripted lessons
- downloadable activity sheets and resources
- monitoring tools and record sheets
- and a 12-month licence enabling you to print unlimited copies
PLUS you also receive eight sets of decodable stories from our 60 Word Stories Reading Fluency Program (valued at $480). These fully decodable sets, containing 6-8 'chapter' stories in each, can be read repeatedly with confidence as they only include spelling patterns taught so far in the Read3 program. Time the child's reading speed daily and chart to track fluency progress. Titles include:
- At the Dam (Closed Syllable - CVC)
- Jazz at the Hall (Closed Syllable - Doubles)
- The Posh Fish and Chip Shop (Closed Syllable - Digraphs)
- Tess and the Gang (Closed Syllable - Doubles + Digraphs)
- Good Mate Jake (Silent e Syllable)
- Jo Jo the Pug (Open Syllable)
- Jet Ride to Kenya (2-Syllable Words)
- Riding to Win (Word Endings)
- Brad the Bull Ant (Closed Syllable - Consonant Blends + Endings)
- A Tribal Tale (Silent E/Open/Closed Syllable - Consonant Blends + Endings)
Unlimited printing of all digital files for clients is included as part of your 12 month licence (renewal fee of $330 per user applies). Please note, distribution of digital files is not allowed under the Terms of Service.
Printed CARD KITS for the Clinic or School
Supplement the program with a CARD KIT valued at over $650. This pack contains a boxed kit of essential game cards and multi-sensory concept cards for each step of the program (10 kits), plus a Speedy3 Card game. Additional Card Kits may be purchased at any time, and single step kits are available for clients.
Content Overview for Module 1
There are 5 steps in Module 1. These are:
- Step 1 : s, a, t, i, m, n, o, p
- Step 2 : b, c, g, h, d, e, f, v
- Step 3 : k, l, r, u, j qu, w, z, y, z
- Step 4 : ff, ll, ss, zz, ck
- Step 5: sh, ch, th, wh, ng
Content overview for Module 2
There are 3 Steps in Module 2. These are:
- Step 1 : silent e' syllable (cape, dine, rode) - an easy syllable type that introduces children to long vowel names as a sound concept. It is also easy to learn, with just one spelling pattern.
- Step 2 : open syllable (he, she) and 2-syllable words (beside, pilot) - another easy syllable type that continues the long vowel name concept and is a frequent pattern in longer words. All 3 syllable types are practiced in 2 syllable words.
- Step 3 : word endings (s, es, ed, er, ing) - common word endings are introduced and applied to the 3 syllable types learned so far.
Content overview for Module 3
There are 2 Steps in Module 3. These are:
Step 1 : adding consonants to closed syllables (desk, clap, plant, )
PLUS Extension activities for tch ending (match, hutch) and triple blends (scrap, splotch, sprint)
Step 2 : adding consonants to silent e (plane, slope, drive), open syllables (fly, spree) and 2-syllable words (plastic, direct, produce).
PLUS Extension activities for endings dge (judge, ledge), nge (range, hinge), and nce (prince, dance)
Word endings (s, es, ed, er, ing) are applied throughout Module 3 to consolidate learning from Module 2.
The Read3 Program works to strengthen the three foundational skills needed for reading, writing and spelling. Developed by experienced Speech Pathologist Robyn Monaghan, the strategies have proven effective when teaching children with multiple processing difficulties including: poor phonological awareness, poor working memory, poor letter-sound knowledge and poor rapid automatic naming. Strategies incorporated in Read3 support the latest recommendations from Tufts, MIT and Harvard for children with significant literacy challenges. Learn more about Read3.
At Read3 we are dedicated to helping your most at-risk readers build foundational literacy skills.
For children with significant processing difficulties, learning to read, write and spell can be very challenging... and despite everyone's best efforts progress can be minimal.
The Read3 Learning System integrates phonological awareness, phonics and fluency. It uniquely supports children with ‘hidden’ processing weaknesses in phonological working memory and rapid automatic naming which impact reading.
Success for our Read3 kids hinges on the knowledge and confidence of those working directly with them. But the truth is... these kids have complex needs, and it takes the support of a village!
We are offering professional learning, Read3 program training and ongoing supervision opportunities to help you gain confidence administering Read3 and build a sustainable model for intervention.
Together we can make a positive impact on the lives of these children.
Click here for our current brochure Read3 Training
Support students at home with Read3 Family Access
Struggling readers require regular, targeted practise and home practise is recommended. Read3 offers families working under a Read3 Professional access to the Complete Module 1 at a heavily discounted rate via Read3 Family Access.
A personal login for parents ensures digital access to all program content, including videos and activities. Research shows parental 'buy-in' improves the likelihood of regular at-home practise and continued progress during school holidays. Based on monitoring outcomes, your specialist team will advise Read3 when it is time to move on to the next step and Read3 will adjust the Family Access accordingly. Professionals can pre-purchase Family Access for clients, or have clients purchase direct.
A Parent Card Kit is also available for each step of the program, Containing essential concept and game cards, this kit is a great way to continue practice at home should your families wish to purchase it. Professionals can pre-purchase kits for clients, or refer clients directly to the website.
Additional benefits for professionals
Other benefits available as a Read3 Licensed User include:
- Closed Facebook Group for professionals to share ideas and strategies
- Professional-Only blog posts covering latest research and clinic techniques (coming soon)