Read3 is an intensive learn to read program for children who can't remember letters and their corresponding sounds, or read simple words including sight words.
This systematic synthetic phonics program (SSPP) works to strengthen three foundational skills essential for early reading development. Designed for parents of children with literacy challenges, including dyslexia, our simple 3-step formula is equally effective when used as a school-based intervention.
Read3 is suitable for children aged 5-9 years. It can be implemented in response to parental concerns or a literacy screening test. If there is a family history of dyslexia or reading and spelling difficulties, don't wait! Early intervention is critical.
Why Read3 works
- an easy to follow Australian program that integrates 3 decoding strategies in a simple 3-step daily routine to build your child's reading accuracy and reading fluency.
- unique learning strategies address multiple processing difficulties
- learning can be adjusted to meet the individual needs of each child
- developed specifically with the parent in mind - no specialist training required, and children love it!
- strategies are based on 20 years of clinical experience working with children with dyslexia and support expert recommendations from Tufts, MIT and Harvard Universities released in 2017.
In 2019, Read3 presented at:
Dyslexia-SPELD Foundation's Language Literacy and Learning Conference (Perth, April 2019) and the Learning Support Teachers' Association of Queensland Conference (Brisbane, Sept 2019).
Overview The Read3
We understand at read3
Is your child struggling with the alphabet, phonics or sight words? Are you concerned they may have dyslexia? Read3 can help.
- We know about the tantrums and tears.
- We know about the frustration, the comparisons and the guilt.
- We know about the 'free advice' from others.
- We know your child is trying.
- We know you are trying.
- We know you are busy.
We understand, because we've been there.
Find out more about the Read3 co-creators.
How Read3 works learn more about
Integrated development of 3 core skills
Each day you’ll work with your child to strengthen all 3 foundational literacy skills: hearing sounds in words, connecting sound segments to letters, and improving automatic recognition of letters, sound segments and words.
Module based learning system
A systematic approach enables us to introduce children to our reading system slowly, and focus on mastery at every stage.
Our Easy Alphabet
An important first step in the Read3 program, the Easy Alphabet incorporates visual and auditory cues to give genuine meaning to letter shapes. This improves recall and frees up the brain to start reading and reduces letter reversals when writing.
Effective memory strategies
Incorporates evidence-based techniques to reduce the load on working memory and prevent letter sequencing problems.
Convenient digital format
Simply click the links on your lesson plan to download the day's activities.
Easy Alphabet learn more about the
The Easy Alphabet brings meaning to letters for young children learning to read.The Easy Alphabet is an integral part of the Read3 program and a useful tool in any early years classroom.
Watch video to learn how Easy Alphabet works