Module 3 | PROFESSIONAL | Single-User Licence is suitable for speech pathologists, learning support specialists and private tutors. In Complete Module 3, children start to expand on the English code by adding consonants to all three syllable types mastered so far in the Read3 program - 'closed', 'open' and 'silent e' - creating longer single and 2-syllable words. They will continue to add morphemes such as s/es, ed, er and ing to longer words. Tricky spelling patterns like 'tch' and 'dge' are also covered in this module.
Read3 integrates systematic synthetic phonics instruction with targeted phonemic awareness and fluency training to build a strong reading foundation for children with multiple processing difficulties. We use fun, multi-sensory activities and games to keep children motivated and engaged. For reading outcomes, a minimum of 5 sessions per week (20 minutes per session) is recommended. Children should then apply this learning for an additional 10 minutes a day using decodable readers. Progress is monitored daily to determine when the child is ready to move to the next step.
Estimated time to complete Module 3: 2-3 months (remembering mastery is the aim and every child is different).
Content overview for Complete Module 3
There are 2 Steps in Module 3. These are:
- Step 1 : adding consonants to single-syllable words containing short vowel sounds. Lesson 1 adds consonants to the rime ending (list, camp, walk). Lesson 2 adds consonant to the onset (plan, grip, black). Lesson 3 adds consonants to the onset and rime (clamp, plant, strength). Your child will now be able to read words containing 4, 5 and 6 sounds. Extension activities include the 'tch' spelling pattern (match, clutch) and triple blends (string, scrap).
- Step 2 : adding consonants to words containing long vowel sounds. This includes both single and multi-syllable words. The focus is on the long vowel syllable types already mastered in Module 2 (open and silent e). Your child will also start reading and writing 2-syllable words containing consonant blends. Extension activities include 'dge', 'nge' and 'nce' spelling patterns.
The program steps are sequential and skills development builds throughout the module. As a general guide, within each step your child will:
- practise unique reading and spelling strategies designed to support children with multiple processing difficulties
- fine-tune listening skills by identifying, deleting and/or substituting sounds in longer words
- start reading words containing 4, 5 and 6 sounds
- write sentences containing longer words from three syllable types
- build automatic recall of sound segments that occur naturally in our language and link them to spelling patterns for efficient reading and spelling recall
- build a bank of high-frequency words linked to lesson content
Read3's integrated approach means children will be strengthening sound awareness, spelling patterns, reading and spelling accuracy and reading fluency within every practice session. Video lessons explore key concepts to build understanding so staff can assist each child with confidence.
Developed by experienced Speech Pathologist Robyn Monaghan, the strategies have proven effective when teaching children with multiple processing difficulties including: poor phonological awareness, poor working memory, poor letter-sound knowledge and poor rapid automatic naming. Learn more about Read3
What you receive in Module 3
Module 3 provides you with online access to:
- lesson videos where experienced speech pathologist Robyn Monaghan teaches key concepts and strategies
- easy to follow session practice guides
- 40+ activities/games
- instructions and scripted lessons
- downloadable activity sheets and resources
- monitoring tools and record sheets
- 12-month licence enabling use with an unlimited number of clients
PLUS you also receive two sets of decodable stories from our 60 Word Stories Reading Fluency Program (valued at $128):
- Brad the Bull Ant
- A Tribal Tale
These fully decodable sets, containing 8 'chapter' stories in each, can be read with confidence as they only include spelling patterns taught so far in the Read3 program. Time the child's reading speed daily and chart to track fluency progress.
Unlimited printing of all digital files for clients is included as part of your 12 month single-user licence ($77 renewal fee applies). Please note, distribution of digital files is not allowed under this Professional User Licence Agreement.
Printed CARD KITS for the Clinic or School
Supplement the program with a MODULE 3 CARD KIT. This pack contains a individually boxed kits of essential game cards and multi-sensory concept cards for each step of the module (2 steps). Additional Module Card Kits may be purchased at any time.
Support students at home with Read3 Family Access
Struggling readers require regular, targeted practise and home practise is recommended. Read3 offers families working under a Read3 Professional access to the Complete Module 3 at a heavily discounted rate via Read3 Family Access.
A personal login for parents ensures digital access to all program content, including videos and activities. Research shows parental 'buy-in' improves the likelihood of regular at-home practise and continued progress during school holidays. Based on monitoring outcomes, your specialist team will advise Read3 when it is time to move on to the next step and Read3 will adjust the Family Access accordingly. Professionals can pre-purchase Family Access for clients, or have clients purchase direct.
A Parent Card Kit is also available for each step of the program, Containing essential concept and game cards, this kit is a great way to continue practice at home should your families wish to purchase it. Professionals can pre-purchase kits for clients, or refer clients directly to the website.
How to access the Read3 program
Program content is accessed via the website using your own unique log in. Upon completion of payment, you will have automatic access to the program. Using the email and password used to purchase, sign in to view the Read3 Main Menu. Click each Module Step to access lesson videos, and print/download your Session Practice Guide and activities.