To ensure fidelity of implementation, Read3 training is mandatory for licensed professional users. Please contact Read3 to book in to commence Read3 Training ($260 for 4-session block).
Module 2 Step 1 for Professionals includes a single-user licence, authorising use of Step 1 of the Read3 program with clients. Single step purchasing offers additional flexibility for professionals operating independently in learning support, as sole speech pathology practitioners, or as private tutors. Simply purchase each step when your clients are ready to move up a stage.
Module 2 introduces long vowel sounds. In Module 2 Introduction, the focus is on hearing long vowel name versus short vowel sounds in words, then in Step 1 children learn the main role of Silent e in syllables. Through a series of fun, multi-sensory games and activities, your child will practice reading and spelling short words containing silent e. They will then build reading fluency with a targeted set of 'silent e' decodable 60 Word Stories.
The pace of learning is different for each child, but it is anticipated Step 1 will take at least 5 weeks to master. For reading outcomes, a minimum of 5 sessions per week (20 minutes per session) is recommended. Children should then apply this learning for an additional 10 minutes a day, and a curated list of decodable readers, computer games and other resources is provided for each step.
What you get in Module 2 - Step 1
Module 2 Introduction and Step 1 includes online access to:
- 2 lesson videos where experienced speech pathologist Robyn Monaghan introduces long vowels and the Silent e concept
- easy to follow session practice guide
- 16 different 'silent e' activities/games
- additional activities for more complex '_ce' and '_ge' sounds
- instructions and scripted lessons
- downloadable activity sheets and resources
- monitoring tools and record sheets
PLUS you receive a reading fluency program:
- 60 Word Stories: Good Mate Jake. These six fully decodable 'chapter' stories can be read repeatedly with confidence as they only include spelling patterns taught so far in the Read3 program. Time your child's reading speed daily and chart to track your child's fluency progress.
Unlimited printing of all digital files for clients is included as part of your 12 month single-user licence (renewal fee applies). Please note, distribution of digital files is not allowed under the Terms of Service.
Printed CARD KIT saves time and effort
Add a STEP 1 CARD KIT, containing essential game cards and multi-sensory concept cards, to your order and we will mail it straight to your door. Feedback tells us that the kids love the 'professional' game cards and you'll love less cutting and laminating! Kit includes:
- Sound Train Cards
- Word Maker Cards (50+ unique endings)
- U-Know Words Playing Cards (2 packs)
What children learn in Step 1
Step 1 includes online access to:
- learn to instantly distinguish between short vowel sounds and long vowel names
- build familiarity of spelling patterns for words containing short vowel sounds and long vowel names using the Sound Train
- fine-tune listening skills by isolating word beginnings and endings containing different vowel sounds
- start reading small words that contain 'silent e' and 'ee' such as bike, late, hole, keep and cube
- start writing short sentences featuring words containing 'silent e'
- continue to review all letters and sound segments learned previously
- continue to build a bank of high-frequency words
- increase reading fluency with 6 decodable stories in a targeted fluency program - "Good Mate Jake"
The Read3 Program works to strengthen three foundational skills needed for reading and writing. Developed by experienced Speech Pathologist Robyn Monaghan, the strategies have proven effective when teaching children with multiple processing difficulties including: poor phonological awareness, poor working memory, poor letter-sound knowledge and poor rapid automatic naming. Learn more about Read3
Support students at home with Read3 Family Access
Struggling readers require regular, targeted practise and home practise is recommended. Read3 offers families working under a Read3 Professional access to the Complete Module 1 at a heavily discounted rate via Read3 Family Access.
A personal login for parents ensures digital access to all program content, including videos and activities. Research shows parental 'buy-in' improves the likelihood of regular at-home practise and continued progress during school holidays. Based on monitoring outcomes, your specialist team will advise Read3 when it is time to move on to the next step and Read3 will adjust the Family Access accordingly. Professionals can pre-purchase Family Access for clients, or have clients purchase direct.
A Parent Card Kit is also available for each step of the program. Professionals can pre-purchase kits for clients, or refer clients directly to the website.
Sign in to access program content
Program content is accessed via the website using your own unique log in. Upon completion of payment, you will have automatic access to the program. Using the email and password used to purchase, sign in to view the Read3 Main Menu. Click each Module Step to access lesson videos, and print/download your Session Practice Guide and activities.