To ensure fidelity of implementation, Read3 training is mandatory for licensed professional users. Please contact Read3 to book in to commence Read3 Training ($260 for 4-session block).
Module 2 | PROFESSIONAL | Single-User Licence is a perfect choice for speech pathologists, learning support specialists and private tutors. In Complete Module 2, children start to gain a deeper understanding of the structure of English as they learn to hear the difference between vowel sounds in different syllable types and apply this knowledge to spelling patterns. They will explore two more of the six syllable types of English ('silent e' and 'open' syllables), start to read simple 2-syllable words and add word ending such as s, es, ed, er, ing.
Unlike other foundational programs, Module 2 does not include consonant blends. The focus is on teaching the structure of the language - syllable types and word endings (morphology) - with a focus on vowel patterns rather than additional consonants. This approach helps accelerate the child's ability to decode a wider range of words and the ongoing use of chunking supports children with phonological, working memory and rapid naming difficulties.
Read3 integrates systematic synthetic phonics instruction with targeted phonemic awareness and fluency training to build a strong reading foundation for children with multiple processing difficulties. We use fun, multi-sensory activities and games to keep children motivated and engaged.
For reading outcomes, a minimum of 5 sessions per week (20 minutes per session) is recommended. Children should then apply this learning for an additional 10 minutes a day using decodable readers. Extra practice with computer games and online resources is also provided for each step in the Curated Resources lists. Progress should be monitored daily to determine when the child is ready to move to the next step.
Estimated time to complete Module 2: 4-6 months
(remembering mastery is the aim and every child is different)
What you receive in Module 2
Module 2 provides you with online access to:
- lesson videos where experienced speech pathologist Robyn Monaghan teaches key concepts and strategies
- easy to follow session practice guides
- over 70 activities/games (300+ pages)
- instructions and scripted lessons
- downloadable activity sheets and resources
- monitoring tools and record sheets
- and a 12-month licence enabling you to print unlimited copies
PLUS you also receive four sets of decodable stories from our 60 Word Stories Reading Fluency Program (valued at $188):
- Good Mate Jake
- Jo Jo the Pug
- Jet Ride to Kenya
- Riding to Won
These fully decodable sets, containing 6-8 'chapter' stories in each, can be read repeatedly with confidence as they only include spelling patterns taught so far in the Read3 program. Time the child's reading speed daily and chart to track fluency progress.
Unlimited printing of all digital files for clients is included as part of your 12 month single-user licence (renewal fee applies). Please note, distribution of digital files is not allowed under the Terms of Service.
Content overview for Complete Module 2
There are 3 Steps in Module 2. These are:
- Step 1 : silent e' syllable (cape, dine, rode) - an easy syllable type that introduces children to long vowel names as a sound concept. It is also easy to learn, with just one spelling pattern.
- Step 2 : open syllable (he, she) and 2-syllable words (beside, pilot) - another easy syllable type that continues the long vowel name concept and is a frequent pattern in longer words. All 3 syllable types are practiced in 2 syllable words.
- Step 3 : word endings (s, es, ed, er, ing) - common word endings are introduced and applied to the 3 syllable types learned so far.
The program steps are sequential and skills development builds throughout the module. As a general guide, within each step your child will:
- practise unique reading and spelling strategies designed to support children with multiple processing difficulties
- fine-tune listening skills by identifying, deleting and/or substituting sounds in words
- strengthen letter-sound knowledge of new patterns
- start reading words with new syllable types
- start writing short sentences containing three syllable types
- build automatic recall of sound segments that occur naturally in our language and link them to spelling patterns for efficient reading and spelling recall
- build a bank of high-frequency words linked to lesson content
Read3's integrated approach means children will be strengthening sound awareness, spelling patterns, reading and spelling accuracy and reading fluency within every practice session. Video lessons explore key concepts to build your understanding so you can assist your child with confidence. Developed by experienced Speech Pathologist Robyn Monaghan, the strategies have proven effective when teaching children with multiple processing difficulties including: poor phonological awareness, poor working memory, poor letter-sound knowledge and poor rapid automatic naming. Learn more about Read3
Printed CARD KITS for the Clinic or School
Supplement the program with a MODULE 2 CLINIC PACK. This pack contains a individually boxed kits of essential game cards and multi-sensory concept cards for each step of the program (3 steps), plus a morpheme game board (A3 format, paper only). Additional Clinic Packs may be purchased at any time, and single step Card Kits are available for clients.
Support students at home with Read3 Family Access
Struggling readers require regular, targeted practise and home practise is recommended. Read3 offers families working under a Read3 Professional access to the Complete Module 2 at a heavily discounted rate via Read3 Family Access.
A personal login for parents ensures digital access to all program content, including videos and activities. Research shows parental 'buy-in' improves the likelihood of regular at-home practise and continued progress during school holidays. Based on monitoring outcomes, your specialist team will advise Read3 when it is time to move on to the next step and Read3 will adjust the Family Access accordingly. Professionals can pre-purchase Family Access for clients, or have clients purchase direct.