Module 2 | PROFESSIONAL | Multi-User Licence is designed for use in learning support departments, private clinics and tutoring companies. Content builds on foundational learning mastered in Module 1. Your professional licence authorises program use by 2 or more individuals with an unlimited number of clients. If you require additional users, please contact Read3 to discuss your licencing needs. Licensed users also have access to additional professional resources to support teaching and access to a Professionals-Only Facebook group. The Read3 Module 2 User Licence is renewable yearly ($100 per user).
In Complete Module 2, children start to gain a deeper understanding of the structure of English as they learn to hear the difference between vowel sounds in different syllable types and apply this knowledge to spelling patterns. They will explore two more of the six syllable types of English ('silent e' and 'open' syllables), start to read simple 2-syllable words and add word ending such as s, es, ed, er, ing.
Unlike other foundational programs, Module 2 does not include consonant blends. The focus is on teaching the structure of the language - syllable types and word endings (morphology) - with a focus on vowel patterns rather than additional consonants. This approach helps accelerate the child's ability to decode a wider range of words and the ongoing use of chunking supports children with phonological, working memory and rapid naming difficulties.
Read3 is an evidence-based comprehensive literacy intervention program that integrates systematic synthetic phonics instruction with targeted phonemic awareness and fluency training to build a strong reading foundation for children with processing difficulties. An essential tool for Tier 3 intervention, Read3 has also been used effectively in a small group (Tier 2) format. Video lessons and detailed instructions means no training is required and enables fidelity of implementation when switching between team members. Our fun, multi-sensory activities and games help keep children motivated and engaged.
For reading outcomes, a minimum of 5 sessions per week (20 minutes per session) is recommended. Children should then apply this learning for an additional 10 minutes a day using decodable readers. Suggestions for extra practise with computer games and online resources is also provided for each step in the Curated Resources lists. Progress should be monitored daily to determine when the child is ready to move to the next step.
Estimated time to complete Module 2: 4-6 months (remembering mastery is the aim and every child is different)
What you receive in Module 2
Module 2 provides you with online access to:
- lesson videos where experienced speech pathologist Robyn Monaghan teaches key concepts and strategies
- easy to follow session practice guides
- over 70 activities/games
- instructions and scripted lessons
- downloadable activity sheets and resources
- monitoring tools and record sheets
- 12-month licence enabling use with an unlimited number of clients
Digital files for all activities are included enabling your team to download and print resources as needed.
NOTE: As part of your User-Licence Agreement, you may share printed pages only with your clients. Distribution of digital files is not permitted. Read3 reserves the right to audit distribution methods and user numbers based on the User Licence Agreement.
Content overview for Complete Module 2
There are 3 Steps in Module 2. These are:
- Step 1 : silent e' syllable (cape, dine, rode) - an easy syllable type that introduces children to long vowel names as a sound concept. It is also easy to learn, with just one spelling pattern.
- Step 2 : open syllable (he, she) and 2-syllable words (beside, pilot) - another easy syllable type that continues the long vowel name concept and is a frequent pattern in longer words. All 3 syllable types are practiced in 2 syllable words.
- Step 3 : word endings (s, es, ed, er, ing) - common word endings are introduced and applied to the 3 syllable types learned so far.
The program steps are sequential and skills development builds throughout the module. As a general guide, within each step your child will:
- practise unique reading and spelling strategies designed to support children with multiple processing difficulties
- fine-tune listening skills by identifying, deleting and/or substituting sounds in words
- strengthen letter-sound knowledge of new patterns
- start reading words with new syllable types
- start writing short sentences containing three syllable types
- build automatic recall of sound segments that occur naturally in our language and link them to spelling patterns for efficient reading and spelling recall
- build a bank of high-frequency words linked to lesson content
Read3's integrated approach means children will be strengthening sound awareness, spelling patterns, reading and spelling accuracy and reading fluency within every practice session. Video lessons explore key concepts to build understanding so staff can assist each child with confidence.
Developed by experienced Speech Pathologist Robyn Monaghan, the strategies have proven effective when teaching children with multiple processing difficulties including: poor phonological awareness, poor working memory, poor letter-sound knowledge and poor rapid automatic naming. Strategies incorporated in Read3 support the latest recommendations from Tufts, MIT and Harvard for children with significant literacy challenges. Learn more about Read3
Printed CARD KITS for the Clinic or School
Supplement the program with a MODULE 2 CART KIT. This kit contains a boxed kit of essential game cards and multi-sensory concept cards for each step of the program (3 steps) plus an A3 morpheme game board (paper only). Additional Card Kits may be purchased at any time, and single step Card Kits are available for clients.
You may purchase up to 5 Card Kits with your User Licence, and further discounts apply for 4 or more kits. Additional Card Kits are available at any time once you are a licenced Read3 User. Single step Parent Card Kits can also be purchased for clients at any time.
Support students at home with Read3 Family Access
Struggling readers require regular, targeted practise and home practise is recommended. Read3 offers families working under a Read3 Professional access to the Complete Module 2 at a heavily discounted rate via Read3 Family Access.
A personal login for parents ensures digital access to all program content, including videos and activities. Research shows parental 'buy-in' improves the likelihood of regular at-home practise and continued progress during school holidays. Based on monitoring outcomes, your specialist team will advise Read3 when it is time to move on to the next step and Read3 will adjust the Family Access accordingly. Professionals can pre-purchase Family Access for clients, or have clients purchase direct.
A Parent Card Kit is also available for each step of the program, Containing essential concept and game cards, this kit is a great way to continue practise at home should your families wish to purchase it. Professionals can pre-purchase kits for clients, or refer clients directly to the website.
Additional benefits for professionals
Other benefits available as a Read3 Licensed User include:
- Closed Facebook Group for professionals to share ideas and strategies
- 10% discount on printed resources
- Professional-Only blog posts covering latest research and clinic techniques (coming soon)
Sign in to access program content
Program content is accessed via the website using your own unique log in. Upon completion of payment, you will have automatic access to the program.Using the email and password used to purchase, sign in to view the Read3 Main Menu. Click each Module Step to access lesson videos, and print/download your Session Practice Guide and activities.