Complete Module 1 (Steps 1-5) of the Read3 Program is a cost-effective way to kick start your child's reading. Read3 integrates systematic synthetic phonics instruction with targeted phonemic awareness and fluency training to build a strong reading foundation for your child. We use fun, multi-sensory activities and games to keep your child motivated and engaged.
For reading outcomes, a minimum of 5 sessions per week (20 minutes per session) is recommended. Children should then apply this learning for an additional 10 minutes a day, and a curated list of decodable readers, computer games and other resources is provided for each step. Progress should be monitored daily to determine when your child is ready to move to the next step.
Estimated time to complete Module 1: 6 months (remembering mastery is the aim and every child is different)
What you receive in Module 1
Module 1 provides you with online access to:
- lesson videos where experienced speech pathologist Robyn Monaghan teaches you key concepts and strategies
- easy to follow session practice guide
- over 70 different activities/games
- instructions and scripted lessons
- downloadable activity sheets and resources
- monitoring tools and record sheets
Save time and effort with a printed CARD KIT
To make life super easy, and minimise the amount of printing needed, add a MODULE 1 CARD KIT to your order. The kit contains essential game cards and multi-sensory concept cards.
Content overview for Complete Module 1
There are 5 steps in Module 1. These are:
- Step 1 : s, a, t, i, m, n, o, p
- Step 2 : b, c, g, h, d, e, f, v
- Step 3 : k, l, r, u, j qu, w, z, y, z
- Step 4 : ff, ll, ss, zz, ck
- Step 5: sh, ch, th, wh, ng
Our integrated approach means your child will be strengthening phonemic awareness, letter-sound links, reading accuracy and reading fluency within in each practice session. Video lessons explore key learning concepts to build your understanding so you can assist your child with confidence. The program steps are sequential and learning and skills development builds throughout the module. As a general guide, within each step your child will:
- practise unique strategies for reading and spelling designed to support children with processing difficulties
- fine-tune listening skills by identifying, deleting and/or substituting sounds in words
- strengthen letter-sound awareness by saying, reading and writing letters
- start reading one-syllable words featuring letters learned in the current and previous steps
- start writing short sentences containing specific letters or spelling patterns
- build automatic recall of sound segments that occur naturally in our language
- build a bank of high-frequency words linked to lesson content
The Read3 Program works to strengthen the three foundational skills needed for reading and writing. Developed by experienced Speech Pathologist Robyn Monaghan, the strategies have proven effective when teaching children with multiple processing difficulties including: poor phonological awareness, poor working memory, poor letter-sound knowledge and poor rapid automatic naming. Learn more about Read3.