A perfect Easy Alphabet starter kit for parents. This kit includes downloadable alphabet Practice Sheets and A5 Display Cards to easily learn letter-sound links, PLUS a Desk Mate for use at home and school. Featuring 26 letters of the alphabet, plus sh, ch, th wh, qu and ng. This product is suitable for personal use or in one classroom. For use across a full organisation, department or clinic, please select the Easy Alphabet Complete Multi-User product.
This evidence-based alphabet was developed by Robyn Monaghan, a speech pathologist with over 20 years experience working with children with literacy challenges including dyslexia.
*** THIS IS A DIGITAL, DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCT ***
About your kit:
Practice Sheets feature one letter and a unique picture 'story' plus explicit instruction on how to hear the sound and speech cues about how to say the sound. Children are then able to to practice drawing both the picture (which helps improve recall of the letter shape) and writing the letter. The embedded story cue and directional arrow cues help eliminate letter reversals, a common problem for young children. Practice daily and watch their confidence grow.
- includes individual sheets for all 26 letters of the alphabet plus sh, ch, th, wh, qu and ng
- sheets are A4 (210mm x 297mm)
- print multiple copies on standard paper and use daily
- laminate and use a whiteboard marker
A5 Display Cards are ideal for reinforcement of letters and sounds learned through the Practice Sheets. Display on any wall at home or use as flash cards for rapid recall of sounds.
- includes all 26 letters of the alphabet plus sh, ch, th, wh, qu and ng
- cards are displayed 2 per page on A4 paper - simply print and cut down the middle to create A5 cards
- print cards on light card stock (recommended) or standard paper
- laminate for extra durability
Desk Mate encourages independence when starting to write.
- includes all 26 letters of the alphabet
- directional cues guide correct letter formation
- picture cue guides letter formation and links letter to their sounds
- Available in A4 and A3 format
The integrated approach to letter sound-recognition offered through the Easy Alphabet makes it a perfect phonological learning tool for:
- any child 5-9 years with reading challenges, including dyslexia
- any child 4-6 years starting their reading journey
- any young child with family members with dyslexia
- learning support teachers and literacy tutors
- any Prep or Grade 1 classroom
The Easy Alphabet is a fun and colourful alphabet, featuring an Australian ‘beginner’ font, that offers extra support for young children starting their reading journey.
Unlike other alphabets, each letter in the Easy Alphabet is supported by an integrated audio-visual cue in the form of a ‘story’ that links the picture to the letter sound and the letter shape bringing extra meaning to the page, particularly for struggling learners. Learn more