Module 1 | Step 5 introduces your child to digraphs sh, ch, th, wh and ng PLUS builds fluency with decodable 60 Word Stories. Through a series of fun, multi-sensory games and activities child will master letter-sound links and build a bank of words featuring these common digraphs.
The pace of learning is different for each child, but it is anticipated Step 5 will take at least 5 weeks to master. For reading outcomes, a minimum of 5 sessions per week (20 minutes per session) is recommended. Children should then apply this learning for an additional 10 minutes a day, and a curated list of decodable readers, computer games and other resources is provided for each step.
What you get in Step 5
Step 5 includes online access to:
- lesson video where experienced speech pathologist Robyn Monaghan introduces additional Easy Alphabet unique 'stories' for common digraphs
- easy to follow session practice guide
- 14 different activities/games
- digital copies of CARD KIT contents
- instructions and scripted lessons
- downloadable activity sheets and resources
- monitoring tools and record sheets
PLUS you receive a reading fluency program:
- 60 Word Stories: Liz And The Gang. These 6 fully decodable 'chapter' stories can be read repeatedly with confidence as the only include spelling patterns taught so far in Read3. Time your child's reading speed daily and chart to track your child's fluency progress.
Printed CARD KIT saves time and effort!
Add a STEP 5 CARD KIT. containing essential game cards and multi-sensory concept cards, to your order and we will mail it straight to your door. Feedback tells us that the kids love the 'professional' game cards and you'll love less cutting and laminating!
What your child will learn in Step 5
In Step 5 your child will:
- fine-tune listening skills by isolating word beginnings and endings containing sh, ch, th, wh and ng
- learn the Easy Alphabet stories and practice writing common digraphs
- start reading words that begin or end with sh, ch, th, wh and ng
- start writing short sentences featuring words containing sh, ch, th, wh and ng
- continue to review all letters and sound segments learned previously
- continue to build a bank of high-frequency words
The Read3 Program works to strengthen the three foundational skills needed for reading and writing. Developed by experienced Speech Pathologist Robyn Monaghan, the strategies have proven effective when teaching children with multiple processing difficulties including: poor phonological awareness, poor working memory, poor letter-sound knowledge and poor rapid automatic naming. Learn more about Read3.
Sign in to access program content
Program content is accessed via the website using your own unique log in. Upon completion of payment, you will have automatic access to the program. Using the email and password used to purchase, sign in to view the Read3 Main Menu. Click each Module Step to access lesson videos, and print/download your Session Practice Guide and activities.