To ensure fidelity of implementation, this licence pricing includes program training ($260). Read3 training is provided as a block of sessions to enable you to practise skills, build confidence and establish a sustainable model for intervention.
Module 1 | PROFESSIONAL | Single-User Licence is a perfect choice for speech pathologists, learning support specialists and private tutors. This comprehensive program integrates systematic synthetic phonics instruction with targeted phonemic awareness and fluency training to build a strong reading foundation for children with processing difficulties. Video lessons and detailed instructions means no training is required. Our fun, multi-sensory activities and games help keep children motivated and engaged.
For reading outcomes, a minimum of 5 sessions per week (20 minutes per session) is required. Children should then apply this learning for an additional 10 minutes a day, and a curated list of decodable readers, computer games and other resources is provided for each step. Progress should be monitored daily.
What you receive in Module 1
Module 1 provides you with online access to:
- lesson videos where experienced speech pathologist Robyn Monaghan teaches you key concepts and strategies
- easy to follow session practice guide
- over 70 different activities/games
- instructions and scripted lessons
- downloadable activity sheets and resources
- monitoring tools and record sheets
- and a 12-month licence enabling you to print unlimited copies (annual renewal fee applies)
PLUS you also receive four sets of decodable stories from our 60 Word Stories Reading Fluency Program (valued at $180):
- At the Dam (Closed Syllable - CVC)
- Jazz at the Hall (ff, ll, ss, zz, ck)
- The Posh Fish and Chip Shop (sh, ch, th, wh, ng)
- Tess and the Gang (Closed Syllable - CVC, doubles digraphs)
These fully decodable sets, containing 6-8 'chapter' stories in each, can be read repeatedly with confidence as they only include spelling patterns taught so far in the Read3 program. Time the child's reading speed daily and chart to track fluency progress.
Unlimited printing of all digital files for clients is included as part of your 12 month single-user licence. An annual renewal fee for Module 1 of $150 + GST applies. Please note, distribution of digital files is not allowed as outlined in the Terms of Service.
Printed CARD KITS for the Clinic or School
Supplement the program with a MODULE 1 CARD PACK valued at over $390. This pack contains a boxed kit of essential game cards and multi-sensory concept cards for each step of the program (5 steps), PLUS a Speedy3 Card game. Additional Clinic Packs may be purchased at any time, and single step Card Kits are available for clients.
Content Overview for Module 1
There are 5 steps in Module 1. These are:
- Step 1 : s, a, t, i, m, n, o, p
- Step 2 : b, c, g, h, d, e, f, v
- Step 3 : k, l, r, u, j qu, w, z, y, z
- Step 4 : ff, ll, ss, zz, ck
- Step 5: sh, ch, th, wh, ng
Our integrated approach means the child will be strengthening phonemic awareness, letter-sound links, reading accuracy and reading fluency within in each practice session. Video lessons explore key learning concepts to build understanding. The program steps are sequential and learning and skills development builds throughout the module.
As a general guide, within each step the child will:
- practise unique strategies for reading and spelling designed to support children with processing difficulties
- fine-tune listening skills by identifying, deleting and/or substituting sounds in words
- strengthen letter-sound awareness by saying, reading and writing letters
- start reading one-syllable words featuring letters learned in the current and previous steps
- start writing short sentences containing specific letters or spelling patterns
- build automatic recall of sound segments that occur naturally in our language
- build a bank of high-frequency words linked to lesson content
The Read3 Program works to strengthen the three foundational skills needed for reading and writing. Developed by experienced Speech Pathologist Robyn Monaghan, the strategies have proven effective when teaching children with multiple processing difficulties including: poor phonological awareness, poor working memory, poor letter-sound knowledge and poor rapid automatic naming. Learn more about Read3.
At Read3 we are dedicated to helping your most at-risk readers build foundational literacy skills.
Success for our Read3 kids hinges on the knowledge and confidence of those working directly with them. But the truth is... these kids have complex needs, and it takes the support of a village!
We are offering professional learning, Read3 program training and ongoing supervision opportunities to help you gain confidence administering Read3 and build a sustainable model for intervention.
Click here for our current brochure Read3 Training
Support students at home with Read3 Family Access
Struggling readers require regular, targeted practise and home practise is recommended. Read3 offers families working under a Read3 Professional access to the Complete Module 1 at a heavily discounted rate via Read3 Family Access.
A personal login for parents ensures digital access to all program content, including videos and activities. Research shows parental 'buy-in' improves the likelihood of regular at-home practise and continued progress during school holidays. Based on monitoring outcomes, your specialist team will advise Read3 when it is time to move on to the next step and Read3 will adjust the Family Access accordingly. Professionals can pre-purchase Family Access for clients, or have clients purchase direct.
A Parent Card Kit is also available for each step of the program, Containing essential concept and game cards, this kit is a great way to continue practice at home should your families wish to purchase it. Professionals can pre-purchase kits for clients, or refer clients directly to the website.