Easy Alphabet Desk Mate encourages independence when starting to write. The strip includes all 26 letters, with directional guidance on how to write letters, plus our Easy Alphabet picture cue to reinforce letter shapes and sounds. Download and print UNLIMITED copies for home use or within one classroom. Use in conjunction with display cards and practice sheets. to help reinforce letter sound learning gained through the Easy Alphabet letter 'story' that goes with each letter character.
This evidence-based alphabet was developed by Robyn Monaghan, a Brisbane speech pathologist with over 20 years experience working with children with literacy challenges including dyslexia.
*** THIS IS A DIGITAL, DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCT ***
About your Desk mate:
- includes all 26 letters of the alphabet
- directional cues guide correct letter formation
- picture cue guides letter formation and links letter to their sounds
- Sheets are A4 (210mm x 297mm) and include 2 complete desk mate strips
- cut out each half and join on the dotted line to create your strip.
- Complete strips can be laminated (A3 laminater required)
- any child 5-9 years with reading challenges, including dyslexia
- any child 4-6 years starting their reading journey
- any young child with family members with dyslexia
- learning support teachers and literacy tutors
- any Prep or Grade 1 classroom
The Easy Alphabet is a fun and colourful alphabet, featuring an Australian ‘beginners’ font, that offers extra support for young children starting their reading journey.
Unlike other alphabets, each letter in the Easy Alphabet is supported by an integrated audio-visual cue in the form of a ‘story’ that links the picture to the letter sound and the letter shape bringing extra meaning to the page, particularly for struggling learners. Learn more