Complete Module 1 (Steps 1-5) of the Read3 Program is a cost-effective way to kick start your child's reading. Read3 integrates systematic synthetic phonics instruction with targeted phonemic awareness and fluency training to build a strong reading foundation for your child. We use fun, multi-sensory activities and games to keep your child motivated and engaged.
For reading outcomes, a minimum of 5 sessions per week (20 minutes per session) is recommended. Children should then apply this learning for an additional 10 minutes a day, and a curated list of decodable readers, computer games and other resources is provided for each step. Progress should be monitored daily to determine when your child is ready to move to the next step.
|Pre-made card packs save you time and effort! Click to FIND OUT MORE.
NOTE: All Read3 materials are provided in a digital format. You will not receive any physical products with this purchase.
Content overview for Complete Module 1
There are 5 steps in Module 1. These are:
- Step 1 : s, a, t, i, m, n, o, p
- Step 2 : b, c, g, h, d, e, f, v
- Step 3 : k, l, r, u, j qu, w, z, y, z
- Step 4 : ff, ll, ss, zz, ck
- Step 5: sh, ch, th, wh, ng
Our integrated approach means your child will be strengthening phonemic awareness, letter-sound links, reading accuracy and reading fluency within in each practice session. Video lessons explore key learning concepts to build your understanding so you can assist your child with confidence. The program steps are sequential and learning and skills development builds throughout the module. As a general guide, within each step your child will:
- practise unique strategies for reading and spelling designed to support children with processing difficulties
- fine-tune listening skills by identifying, deleting and/or substituting sounds in words
- strengthen letter-sound awareness by saying, reading and writing letters
- start reading one-syllable words featuring letters learned in the current and previous steps
- start writing short sentences containing specific letters or spelling patterns
- build automatic recall of sound segments that occur naturally in our language
- build a bank of high-frequency words linked to lesson content
The Read3 Program works to strengthen the three foundational skills needed for reading and writing. Developed by experienced Speech Pathologist Robyn Monaghan, the strategies have proven effective when teaching children with multiple processing difficulties including: poor phonological awareness, poor working memory, poor letter-sound knowledge and poor rapid automatic naming. Learn more about Read3.
Program resources provided digitally
Read3 is a comprehensive, all-inclusive downloadable program. Everything required to complete each Module Step is provided including:
- lesson videos
- the Session Practice Guide
- instructions and scripted lessons
- activity sheets, playing cards and other multi-sensory tools
- monitoring tools and record sheets
Downoad and print resources as needed. We recommend printing game cards on light card stock, or laminating them for extra durability.
Sign in to access program content
Program content is accessed via the website using your own unique login. Please allow 48 hours from time of purchase for user access to be activated. At this time, simply sign in using your email and password and click MY READ3 on the main menu. You will then be able to access lesson videos, and print/download your Session Practice Guide and activities.