Is your intervention hitting the mark for your most challenged young readers?
Saturday, 10 October 2020
8:30am - 12:30pm
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
For children with multiple processing difficulties, literacy intervention requires more than just Phonological Awareness and Systematic Synthetic Phonics. Are your current interventions truly addressing the unique needs of your clients in the 5-9 years age range?
This 4-hour workshop, suitable for Speech Pathologists, Specialist Literacy Educators and teachers, will provide:
- Latest research on how to identify at-risk readers through screening
- Which screening tests are the most accurate predictors of long-term literacy challenges
- The four risk profiles that current phonics screeners may miss
- Evidence-based interventions that target each risk profile
You will then take an in-depth look at Read3, a new Tier 3 evidence-based literacy intervention program that:
- is designed to support children with multiple processing difficulties
- integrates three foundational skills in every practice session
- builds accuracy and fluency from phoneme level to text level
- has a scope and sequence that aligns with Dandelion and Sounds-Write decodable readers
- is accessed online (download, print and play) making it an ideal option for learning at a distance